Saturday, January 24, 2009

Buenos dias de Monterrey

Sorry it has taken me so long to get this running... I blame Mexican internet companies, HP´s poorly constructed laptops and their motherboards, slow computer repair workers, but mostly myself... there has just been so much excitement these past few weeks!

My first week in town was a little hectic. I was headed to and from various activities they set up for international students about academics, activities and culture. I was also trying to figure out the city and find a place to live. I spent a week in a hostel, my saftey net of sorts... a place I could hide in when I had had my fill of Mexican culture for the day. During orienatation week I met throngs of students from around the world... Sweden, Germany, Aruba, Martinique, Canada, the US, and Belgium. All to be outnumbered by the overwhelming population of French people. That being said, all these people were undergraduates, many of whom were here to visit Acapulco and take classes like Tennis.

Eventually all the graduate students met up for dinner and I met Amanda and Mirtha, two International Business students from the University of Florida (Go gators!) We moved into a great apartment together and started to get settled (see pics on the right side of the page). Classes got rolling and I decided to take Cross-cultural management, Business Law, International Marketing, and Mercadotecnia de Servicios (ie Services Marketing in Spanish).

More to come when my laptop is no longer decompuesto (ie broken).

No comments:

Post a Comment